By: Ernie Over
With Fremont County Commissioners office
Here’s a recap of Tuesday’s Fremont County Commission meeting provided by the commissioner’s office after the meeting:
• The commission approved a resolution approving, pending a comment period and public hearing, the vacation of an unnamed, unconstructed, publicly dedicated road, utility, and drainage easement in the Vasco Subdivision just north of Riverton.
• The commission approved a resolution declaring that the Spencer Home Sites Water and Sewer District be dissolved, with the area now being served with city utilities.
• The Martha Petersdorf Hospital Trust Distribution for 2022 in the amount of $20,000 was approved as follows:
$10,000 (50 percent) to the Reach Foundation for further distribution to the Riverton Senior Citizens, Inc., Sepiternal Socieity, Inc., Fremont County Hospice and other such institutions or organizations providing medical services or benefits and comforts for older people not otherwise available in the Riverton area as determined by the Reach Foundation;
$7,200 (36 percent) to the Lander Senior Citizens Center;
$1,200 (six percent) to the High Country Senior Citizens Center (Dubois); and
$1,600 (eight percent) to the Shoshoni Senior Citizens Center
• Several additional costs were approved for the ARPA funded paving project taking place at 818 South Federal Boulevard in Riverton as follows:
$30,000 to replace a Riverton Valley Irrigation District underground pipe in the southwest corner of the parking lot, and;
A change order from 71 Construction for an additional $65,000 to pave all the way to the curb line instead of the edge of concrete.
• Following the interview of three applicants chosen by the Fremont County Republican Party (Rand Ames, Erin Ivie and Kim Lambert), Chief Deputy Corner Erin Ivie was appointed to fill the recently vacated Fremont County coroner term ending January 3, 2023.
• Tuesday, Nov. 8, is General Election Day and as such the Ccourthouse is closed to the public.
• Friday, Nov. 11, is the Veterans Day holiday. The Canvass of the General Election Results will be held at 10 a.m. in the County Commissioners Chambers. This is open to the public.