The Lander Police Report from Oct. 10 through 7 a.m. on Oct. 12

All persons cited or arrested are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law:

Williamenia Lee, 39, Riverton, arrested for public intoxication at 1:58 p.m. on the Riverwalk adjacent to South First Street. 

Jefferson Eaglebull, 42, Lander, was arrested at 2:05 p.m. in the 600 block of South Fourth Street for public intoxication.

Guy St. Clair, 48, Fort Washakie, was arrested at 6:25 p.m. on the Sixth at Eighth and Main Street for public intoxication.

Eric Shepard, 39, Casper, was arrested for alleged peace disturbance, possession of a controlled substance, trespassing, and interference during a funeral at Hudson’s Funeral Home at 11:43 a.m. on Oct. 7. The funeral home called the police asking for assistance “as a funeral had gotten out of hand.” Police were called to the funeral home a day earlier upon the discovery of a meth pipe on the premises, and due to a family disturbance there.

Donnie Ganado Negro, 45, Fort Washakie, was arrested at 10:17 a.m. on Oct. 9 for public intoxication at the Maverik Country Store. 

Patrol Calls: October 5

Police were called to the 200 block of Jefferson Street at 12:06 p.m.where a neighbor’s dog reportedly killed and ate one of the reporting party’s chickens. Both parties were contacted and the dog owner was warned.

A fight between three boys was reported at 3:05 p.m. at Lander Valley High School. A report was taken. 

A vehicle struck a parked vehicle at Popo Agie and South Second Street in Lander. No injuries were reported. A report was taken.

October 6

A note was left on a door in the 700 block of Welch Boulevard following a complaint about four dogs barking at that location. 

Five $50 savings bonds and some money of various amounts were stolen from a vehicle at the Showboat Retirement Center on Wyoming Street with the report coming in at 3:14 p.m. Police remind all motorists not to leave valuables in their vehicles and to always lock their doors when not inside the vehicle.

October 7

Police were called by a man who reported being verbally assaulted by his estranged wife at Safeway while he was shopping there with his child. The man was given options. No law enforcement action was taken. 

Vandalism was reported in the 300 block of South First Street at an apartment where four flat tires were found on a vehicle parked there. There are no suspects. 

October 8

A father reported a video had been taken of his daughter and sent to the volleyball team. A 16-year-old female was cited. 

A dead deer in a front  yard in the 200 block of Jefferson Street was disposed of.

October 9

A physical fight was reported at 10:18 p.m in a  motel room in the 200 block of Grand View Drive. The parties were contacted and warned. 

At 12:37 p.m. screaming was heard from the 100 block of Sweetwater Street. Police discovered a video game was being played at a loud volume. The gamers were asked to turn the volume down.

At 4:01 p.m. a puppy was found hiding in a dugout by the baseball fields on City Park Drive. The puppy had apparently escaped its owners the previous day. The puppy and its owners were reunited. The owner wants to thank the family who took her in for returning her safe and sound. 

October 10

Two subjects were found camped out in the breezeway of a church in the 200 block of North Third Street at 3:42 p.m. and were moved along. 

A barking dog was reported in the 900 block of Cliff Street. Police will follow-up as there was no one home when an officer arrived. 

A two-vehicle crash was reported t 2:44 p.m. at 11th and West Main. No injuries. The suspect vehicle is unknown. A report was completed. 

Three dogs barking in the 200 block of Market Street resulted in a call to police at 5:04 p.m. The owners of the dogs were contacted and warned. 

October 11

A vehicle versus deer crash was reported at 6:56 a.m. at milepost 82 on Highway 789. No injuries. A report was taken. 

A prowler was reported at 9:40 a.m. near a garage where a theft was called in in the 1100 block of Garfield Street.

A rear-end collision was reported at 10:19 .m. at North 2nd and Main Street. No injuries with minimal damage reported. 

A three-vehicle crash was reported at 2:39 p.m. at North 7th and Lincoln Street where a driver was cited for Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign. No injuries were indicated. 

A wallet was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of Market Street. The vehicle was unlocked. Police again remind local residents not to leave valuables in their unlocked vehicles. 

Riverton Police blotter from October 11 to 7 a.m. on October 12

All persons cited or arrested are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law:

Dena Smith, 54, Riverton, was cited and released for possession of marijuana at 11:59 a.m. in the 3100 block of West Main.

A female juvenile, age 16, allegedly showed up at Injury Prevention Resources intoxicated and then left. The girl was located in the area by officers and returned to Injury Prevention Resources.

Police were called to the 100 block of North Broadway at 10:31 p.m. on a domestic abuse complaint. Officers interviewed people on scene and reviewed security video footage and ended up arresting Benjamin Runningshield, 42, Arapahoe, for punching and head butting a 29-year-old female in the face. In addition to the domestic battery charge, he was also charged with interference.

Patrol calls

At 9:48 a.m. police received a call from St. Margaret’s Catholic Church indicating the candles in the church were lit on fire with a paper which was then laid on the altar. A vase was broken outside. Officers will be reviewing possible video footage on this for more information.

A 14-year-old Juvenile male of Riverton jumped out of a van at 8:02 pm. in the 800 block of North Federal and took off. The boy was signed on as a runaway and entered in NCIC.

A report is pending in a case where a 10-year-old child was taken to the emergency room. The child claimed he was kicked in the ribs at school. 

A theft from a business in the 300 block of South Federal was reported at 5:54 a.m. on October 12. A window was broken and items were missing from the store, according to a preliminary report.